Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Damien Hirst "Chess"

World famous artists including Damien Hirst and Rachel Whiteread have designed unique chess sets for a special exhibition currently on display at the Reykjavik Art Museum, Iceland.
Hirst explores the world's obsession with mortality by casting medicine bottles in silver and glass with engraved labels on a mirrored glass board upon a surgical trolley. TheTamshee says:
I am no Grand Master at the thinking man's game but I consider myself a player of a very high standard - having learned the complexities of this noble game at the cost of £1 per game - winner stayed at table to take on next challenger. This all took place at the local youth / chess club, in my home town of the border Souters. But I digress, Hirst's chess creation is worthy, a real touch of "Glass" sorry class.

0 comments:

Post a Comment