Saturday, June 27, 2009

Star Wars & Chipmunks

Chris McVeigh, a Canadian illustrator, captured these images of wild chipmunks in hilarious situations with action figures from the Star Wars films.
Pictures: Chris McVeigh / Barcroft Media
Chris, 37, managed to shoot the images after he befriended one of the bushy-tailed creatures in his parents' back yard in Bathurst, New Brunswick.
He was able to convince the chipmunks to pose using a mixture of perseverance and almonds.
In 2005 Chris befriended a female he later named Buddy after she was accidentally trapped in his dad's garden shed. "It took a while until she totally trusted me," said Chris. "But patience and a lot of almond offerings eventually paid off.
Once I got close to them I realised I could pretty much do anything and they didn't bat an eye-lid," he explained
I'm not sure where the idea came from but I had plenty of Star Wars figures and I thought I could probably get one to sit on their backs without them caring.
It all started from there," he said. But the special element of the photos is often the comical expressions and poses performed by the chipmunks themselves. Over the past few years I have taken thousands upon thousands of shots to get them right," Chris said. TheTamshee: was impressed with series of pictures by Chris McVeigh, his dedication to the cause of creating something different is to be admired. The Indy kids will love this.

0 comments:

Post a Comment